MBR BEGINNING READING PROGRAM
| LAST LESSON | TABLE OF CONTENTS | NEXT LESSON |
UNIT III - LESSON 16
- Introduce the MBR book The Van
- Family Word Ring
- A copy of MBR Book 8 The Van for each student. It's a good idea to to use card stock for the book covers.
- Review Letter Sounds
- Review the chants of letters needing review.
- Review Family Words
- Review the words on the family word ring.
- Introduce The MBR Book The Van
- Explain to the students that we are now going to be reading a new book about a man and his van.
- Have the students read The Van as a group while it is held up for all to see.
- Choose individual students to read pages of the book. Ask the students questions to make sure they understand the book.
- Have the students reread their books over the next several days.
- Seat Work
- Have the students color their copies of The Van.
- Have each student read their book to their neighbor and the teacher.
- Tell the students to read their new book The Van to their families at home.