MBR BEGINNING READING PROGRAM
| LAST LESSON | TABLE OF CONTENTS | NEXT LESSON |
UNIT II - LESSON 13
- Introduce the MBR book My Alphabet Book A-I
- Finger alphabet poster
- Hand puppet
- Word ring with words that need review
- A copy of MBR Book 4 My Alphabet Book A-I for each student. It's a good idea to to use card stock for the book covers.
- Review The Letter Names
- Sing the alphabet song with the students as the puppet carefully touches each letter on your display. Make sure the students slow down when they come to L, M, N, O, P and the letters T, U, V. One good way to do this would be to have the students clap when they sing the letters N and U.
- Write on the board a word the students know how to read. Then have the students spell the word out loud with you as you point to each letter. Repeat with a few more words.
- Review The Words On The Word Ring
- Have all the students read the words together.
- Introduce The MBR Book My Alphabet Book A-I
- Explain to the students that we are now going to be reading our own book about the alphabet letter sounds we've been learning.
- Have the students read My Alphabet Book A-I as a group while it is held up for all to see. Have the students sound out the letter at the top of each page and then read the sentence.
- Choose individual students to read pages of the book. Ask each student which word in their sentence begins with the letter on the top of the page.
- Have the students reread their books over the next several days.
- Seat Work
- Have the students color their copies of My Alphabet Book A-I.
- Have each student read their book to their neighbor and the teacher.
- Tell the students to read their new book My Alphabet Book A-I to their families at home.