MBR BEGINNING READING PROGRAM
| LAST LESSON | TABLE OF CONTENTS | NEXT LESSON |
UNIT III - LESSON 6
- Introduce the MBR book My Cat Pat
- Family Word Ring
- A copy of MBR Book 7 My Cat Pat for each student. It's a good idea to to use card stock for the book covers.
- Review Letter Sounds
- Review the chants of letters needing review.
- Review "at" Family Words
- Review the words on the "at" family word ring.
- Introduce The MBR Book My Cat Pat
- Explain to the students that we are now going to be reading a new book about a cat named Pat.
- Have the students read My Cat Pat as a group while it is held up for all to see.
- Choose individual students to read pages of the book. Ask the students questions to make sure they understand the book.
- Have the students reread their books over the next several days.
- Seat Work
- Have the students color their copies of My Cat Pat.
- Have each student read their book to their neighbor and the teacher.
- Tell the students to read their new book My Cat Pat to their families at home.