MBR BEGINNING READING PROGRAM
| LAST LESSON | TABLE OF CONTENTS | NEXT LESSON |
UNIT II - LESSON 12
- Review how to sign and sound out the letters "Ee", "Ff", "Gg", "Hh" and "Ii"
- Play the game Bean Bag to reinforce the sounds of the letters "Ee", "Ff", "Gg", "Hh" and "Ii"
- Pocket chart
- Hand puppet
- Finger alphabet poster
- Bean bag
- One card of each of the letters "Ee", "Ff", "Gg", "Hh" and "Ii"
- Worksheets 2-12A, 2-12B
- Review The Letter Names
- Sing the alphabet song with the students as the puppet carefully touches each letter on your display. Make sure the students slow down when they come to L, M, N, O, P and the letters T, U, V. One good way to do this would be to have the students clap when they sing the letters N and U.
- Write on the board a word the students know how to read. Then have the students spell the word out loud with you as you point to each letter. Repeat with a few more words.
- Review The Letter Sounds
- Touch each letter on your display up to the letter "Ii" as you and your students do the chants as in the previous lessons.
- Game - Bean Bag Toss
- Put one copy of each of the letters "Ee", "Ff", "Gg", "Hh" and "Ii" on the floor.
- Have each child toss a bean bag and sign and sound out the letter on which the bean bag lands.
- Then have the whole class sign and sound out the letter.
- Seat Work
- Have each student do Worksheets 2-12A. Discuss with the students the kinds of pictures they can draw for each letter.
- Have the students share their pictures from Worksheet 2-12A.
- Review Sessions
- Pin up copies of the day's letters around the room where the students can see them.
- Review the sounds of the letters at least twice during the day.
- Give each student the Worksheet 2-12B to read and do at home.
- Tell them to show their families how to sign and sound out the letters "Ee", "Ff", "Gg", "Hh" and "Ii".